Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year End Thanks


You might believe that I have completely abandoned this blog, and you would partially be right. I could blame a lot of things, kids, work, new baby, holidays, but basically I've just lost enthusiasm and interest. Its unfortunate, as I wanted to be able to look back on this blog as an account of my veganization, and with the long gaps, it doesn't tell much of a story. I tried a few months ago to get it going, but I never got back in the habit. I would still like to continue doing this, and I will resolve to try and put my thoughts out here on a more regular basis in the coming year.

To finish of the year, I want to thank my family for dealing with my ups and downs, my wild mood swings (they weren't really that wild), and for generally keeping me together this year. I really have an amazing wife, she see's potential in me, where I tend to give up and quit. I cant say enough about her (but I will for the moment on this blog). My big kids are awesome, and they have welcomed there younger siblings without question. I am having a tough time watching them grow up though. I'm sure I'll be mentioning that again in the next year. My brother and sister live in Wisconsin, and I wish I could see them more. I'm not a good communicator, and we don't talk much either. That doesn't help. I'd like to improve on that. My wife's family all live withing about a 20 minute drive of each other, and I am jealous that they can get together for dinner on Sunday. I am thankful for them for taking me, and my big kids in and adopting us into the family, but its not the same. My folks are in Florida, and we see each other a handful of times a year. Its too few for my liking, but we are trying to manage it. I hope that next year I get to see them all more times than the previous year. I'll wish the same thing again this time next year.

Not that any or all of these people will even see this, I want to extend a special thanks to several people who have stuck with me over the last year, and despite my comings and goings on twitter, always seem to be there when I have something important, (or more likely, silly and juvenile) to say. Happy New Year to Lee, Megan, Neven, Noelle, Andrea, Carol and Heather. Thanks for keeping an eye on me this year.

Happy New Year to all my family and friends,


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brian!!! Hang in there. I believe it has been rough for a a lot of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough not having family close by but it's nice that your wife's family has embraced you. She sounds like an amazing person. I'm happy that we met on twitter. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the better late than never category- Happy New Year, Brian! Here is to much happiness in 2012!

    ReplyDelete